Völler to say goodbye: of course you also say a lot of nonsense

"It was a good Bundesliga year, with the third place that we had last week. That was of course wonderful for me," said Völler after the game and praised others: "I also have that to the fans in The curve said: I am really proud of the team of coaches and teams that were today in a game that is no longer concerned with anything more serious against a good Freiburg team that played a great season. And in the end we have with us won a great game. "

After the game, Völler was asked by the Bayer fans to make a common singing on the fence that separates the stands from the stands. A unique experience for the 62-year-old. "It was my first time on the fence, in my time there was no such thing. Of course I didn't know the text either, but had a little souffleur who said that in my ear. The great art was when it comes to climbing the mountain, That I didn't hurt myself, "said Völler with a laugh.

"No title, but enthusiasm of the audience" got "

The 1990 world champion also drew a small conclusion about his time as a functional at Bayer: "Of course we also have to say thank you how we have developed over the past 20 years. We have not won a classic title, but the enthusiasm of the spectators. I'm already a bit older and can tell a little as a folklore or Hollywood, as it was when Bernd Schuster and then I was fetched. Nevertheless, there were few spectators at the time, and that has been wonderful in the past 20 years Developed. It was a great atmosphere today, it couldn't be better. "

The fans had held up sayings from Völler's time before the game. "I don't remember some things. Of course, you also say a lot of nonsense in such a long time. But some things are right, but I don't say some," said Völler about the campaign.

The Bayer fans kept ribbons with sayings from Völler's time. Picture Alliance / Nordphoto GmbH

Rolfes' praise: "He always gives freedom and trust"

In view of Völler's farewell, his successor emphasized its meaning beyond the Werkself. "Rudi was not only important for Bayer 04, but also for German football, as a four -year -old I saw him at Werder Bremen and he accompanied me all the time. He is simply a legend of German football and Bayer 04. Of course he has emotions, but always gives you freedom and trust, and that's why it was valuable, "said Simon Rolfes about the time together.

"I am also pleased that he will not be completely gone, but will sit in the shareholder committee - and hopefully not too controlling, but continue to support sport," said Rolfes, but who wants to go his own way when it comes to external imaging: "What Makes Rudi likeable is authenticity. You can't copy that. I am, but even if I may be more controlled to the outside, that doesn't mean that I can't get upset about things. "

Comments

Popular Posts